Equality Objectives Statement
Equality Information and Objectives
Chilton Community Primary School is committed to the principle of equality for all pupils irrespective of race, religion, gender, language, disability or family background, and to the active support of initiatives designed to further this principle. We believe that equality is at the heart of good educational practice. All pupils are of equal value and deserve equal access to every aspect of school life.
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to: ● Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
We are working towards the following objectives:
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities
- To ensure that all pupils are given similar opportunities with regards to after-school clubs and activities
- To allow equal access to information for all parents
- To ensure the school environment is as accessible as possible to all pupils, staff and visitors.