Chilton Community Primary Schools Vision
Life-long sports participation for all
Chilton believes that in physical education children should experience a safe and supportive environment. It will be a unique and vital contributor to children’s physical ability and well-being. Physical education and sport are important in giving children the knowledge, understanding and the tools to make a positive impact on their own health and well-being. The key to learning Physical education is to provide every child with a physical and emotional balanced life style. A broad and balanced Physical Education is intended to develop pupil’s self-confidence in their ability to manage themselves and their bodies within a variety of movement situations.
What really matters is that the children are able to work in a happy, supportive, inclusive, competitive and collaborative environment.
Progressive learning objectives and differentiation provide a stimulating, enjoyable and appropriately challenging learning environment.
During their time at Chilton, children will be able to take part in a wide range of physical activities including: games, dance, gymnastics, swimming and athletics.
How we plan to make our PE teaching and the children’s PE learning powerful…
- Clarity of what good looks like – show them
- Sense of significance – I am something……
- Sense of challenge – see their struggling but not too much
- Options and choice – what is it they want to learn, give them some choice (set themselves a target)
- An end product – a product they are proud of that they can perform to an audience.
Please see our document below to see how we use our grant.